Sun Tzu in the Art of War wrote:
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting".
Today we are going to talk about asset protection. What it is, what it’s not,
and why it’s important if you want to create and keep your wealth.
Today I have 4 experts in different specialties that will give you some useful information
on how to keep your money when the world conspires to take it away
ASSET PROTECTION LAWYER IKE DEVJI
- 16th year of Asset Protection only legal practice, helps protect national client base of over 5,000 clients and over $5 billion in protected assets
- Sample clients include of physicians, business owners, real estate professionals, C-level executives, Family Business Owners, Entrepreneurs and professional athletes and entertainers
- Of-counsel with Arizona Law firm Davis, Miles McGuire Gardner, PLLC where he helped found the firm's Asset Protection and Wealth Preservation practice groups
- Co-counsels on Asset Protection planning with attorneys nationwide
- Author of over 250 nationally published articles. - Contributing author to book, “Optimal Financial Health: The Doctor's Essential Wealth Management and Preservation Handbook”
- Published as a WORTH magazine "Leading Wealth & Legal Advisor
Mike Ferrin has practiced law for some of the most prestigious law firms in the metro Phoenix area, including launching his own successful firm for 13 years in the East Valley. He now runs the business transactions department at Davis Miles McGuire Gardner, recently selected as law firm of the year by Attorney at Law Magazine.
Mike has a unique perspective because his practice is half business and half the personal needs of professionals. So he begins his advice and strategy with the end in mind.
About half of his practice includes the representation of clients in stock and asset sales and acquisitions, contract preparation, commercial loan transactions, commercial leasing, real estate acquisitions and development and the formation of limited liability companies and corporations.
The other half involves the evaluation of client’s estate planning needs, tax planning, asset protection planning and the preparation of various types of trusts, wills, powers of attorney and family limited partnerships.
These two areas – while seemingly separate – are intertwined.
Mike is a Cum Laude graduate of the Pepperdine University School of Law.
Douglas C. Gardner is certified by the State Bar of Arizona as a Specialist in Family Law cases, and has helped thousands of clients work through very complex and difficult legal issues. With both a Law Degree and a MBA both from ASU, Douglas is uniquely qualified to address many of the complex financial issues that arise in divorce and family law cases, including business valuations, real estate issues, complex tax issues, QDROs and divisions of retirement accounts, and bankruptcy issues that all cross over into family law and divorce cases.
Is an Allstate Agent on the board of
Arizona Council of Economic Education (ACEE), an organization that helps ed-ucators teach their children about finance and the economy. Julie is currently on the state board of directors for the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA- Arizona). She has received many awards including Business Women of the Year for the Tempe Chamber of Commerce. Allstate accolades are numerous including #1 agent in AZ in 2009 and #3 agent in the entire country that year.